Thursday 23 August 2012

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves - 75th anniversery

I've just caught on to the fact that Disney's Snow White and the Seven Dwarves is available in its entirety on YouTube - in HD. Time for a reappraisal!

It must be over 40 years since I last saw this movie, and I suspect that many of the current generation of animators have never seen it. They really should! Some might say that animation styles have moved on a bit, but not entirely for the better in my opinion. And it's unbelieveable that this 1937 feature has production values as good, or better, than most current animated films. They really cared back then: ten art directors are credited, and it really shows.

But don't take my word for it. Make a cuppa, draw the curtains, click this link and hit full screen. It's more than an animation history lesson.

No comments: